Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New Pistol



Llama Max-I .45 ACP

Now, before you start in on me telling me how this isn't a "real" 1911, let me remind you: NEITHER IS A KIMBER OR WILSON COMBAT!!

Unless it is made by Colt, all you can say is you have a 1911 clone. This one looks the same, handles the same, has the same manual of arms...as a matter of fact the only difference I have found is that the screw holes on the grips do not line up the same as on most other clones.

Range Report:

150 rounds
FTE 0
FTFire 0
FTFeed 3
Best 15 round group - approx 6 inches
Distance of target - 20 meters

All of the failure to feeds occurred with the last round in the magazine. This happened with both the factory mag and McCormick mag I bought the same day I purchased the pistol. I believe this to be an issue with both the recoil spring being slightly too light, and with the feed ramp needing a polish. I will update after both of these have been fixed.

Now for the kicker: purchase price. $250. Used (of course).

This little beauty looked up at me from the case at one of my local shops, smiled and said, "You don't really want that new scope instead of little ol' me, do you?"

Of course not.

After a disassembly and careful examination of her internals, I did the requisite paperwork (thank you federal government *spit*) and she was mine.

No comments:

 
Site Meter